Mass Balance Factsheet for the Echaurren Norte glacier, Andes
For additional information on the status of the glacier and on data relating to annual mass balance and other measurements, visit the WGMS Fluctuations of Glaciers Browser.
- Political unit: CL
- WGMS ID: 1344
- Latitude: 33.58°S
- Longitude: 70.13°W
- Height min: 3650 m a.s.l.
- Height max: 3900 m a.s.l.
- Measurement types: MASS BALANCE
- Current Principal Investigator: Gonzalo Barcaza & Colleagues
- Current Sponsoring Agency: DIRECCION GENERAL DE AGUAS (SANTIAGO, CL)
Terrestrial and satellite map of Echaurren Norte glacier (Google Maps)
Continuous Mass Balance (MB) measurements since 1975/76:
Additional data available: Front Variation (FV), Thickness Change (TC) and Glacier Outlines:
Selected references: tba