Mass Balance Factsheet for the Kesselwandferner, Alps
For additional information on the status of the glacier and on data relating to annual mass balance and other measurements, visit the WGMS Fluctuations of Glaciers Browser.
- Political unit: AT
- WGMS ID: 507
- Latitude: 46.84°N
- Longitude: 10.79°E
- Height min: 2750 m a.s.l.
- Height max: 3500 m a.s.l.
- Measurement types: MASS BALANCE, THICKNESS CHANGE & FRONT VARIATION
- Current Principal Investigator: Rainer Prinz & Colleagues
- Current Sponsoring Agency: DEPARTMENT OF ATMOSPHERIC AND CRYOSPHERIC SCIENCES, UNIVERSITY OF INNSBRUCK (INNSBRUCK, AT). Supported by the HYDROGRAPHICAL SURVEY OF THE FEDERAL ADMINISTRATION OF TYROL.
Terrestrial and satellite map of Kesselwandferner (Google Maps)
Continuous Mass Balance (MB) measurements since 1952/53:
Additional data available: Front Variation (FV), Thickness Change (TC) and Glacier Outlines:
Selected references: tba