The series ‘Fluctuations of Glaciers’ (FoG), prepared by the WGMS, continuously publishes internationally collected, standardized data on changes in glaciers throughout the world at 5-yearly intervals. The objective of the publication is to reproduce a global set of data which
- affords a general view of the changes,
- encourages more extensive measurements,
- invites further processing of the results,
- facilitates consultation of the further sources, and
- serves as a basis for research.
In fact, this standarized data set should be regarded as a working tool for the scientific community, especially concerning the fields of glaciology, climatology, hydrology, and quarternary geology.
The ‘Fluctuations of Glaciers’ series has the International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) 1997-910X (print) and 1997-9118 (online), respectively.
All issues of the FoG can be downloaded below, most issues can also be ordered as hardcopy at WGMS.
The FoG Vol. X (2005-2010) was published and shipped in December 2012.