Mass Balance Factsheet for the Sarennes glacier, Alps
For additional information on the status of the glacier and on data relating to annual mass balance and other measurements, visit the WGMS Fluctuations of Glaciers Browser.
- Political unit: FR
- WGMS ID: 357
- Latitude: 45.14°N
- Longitude: 6.14°E
- Height min: 2850 m a.s.l.
- Height max: 3190 m a.s.l.
- Measurement types: MASS BALANCE, THICKNESS CHANGE & FRONT VARIATION
- Current Principal Investigator: Emmanuel Thibert, Didier Richard & Colleagues
- Current Sponsoring Agency: : IRSTEA, UR ETGR EROSION TORRENTIELLE, NEIGE ET AVALANCHES (ST-MARTIN-D’HERES, FR)
Terrestrial and satellite map of Sarennes glacier (Google Maps)
Continuous Mass Balance (MB) measurements since 1948/49:
Additional data available: Front Variation (FV), Thickness Change (TC) and Glacier Outlines:
Selected references: tba