Mass Balance Factsheet for the Place Glacier, Pacific Coast Range
For information on the status of the glacier and on data relating to annual mass balance and other measurements, visit the WGMS MetaDataBrowser.
- Political unit:CA
- WGMS ID: 41
- Latitude: 50.43°N
- Longitude: 122.60°W
- Height min: 1800 m a.s.l.
- Height max: 2610 m a.s.l.
- Measurement types: MASS BALANCE & THICKNESS CHANGE
- Current Principal Investigator: MICHAEL N. DEMUTH & Colleagues
- Current Sponsoring Agency: NATURAL RESOURCES CANADA – GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA (OTTAWA, CA)
Terrestrial and satellite map of Place Glacier (Google Maps)
Continuous Mass Balance (MB) measurements since 1964/65:
Additional data available: Thickness Change (TC) and Glacier Outlines:
Selected references: tba