Mass Balance Factsheet for the Gries glacier, Alps
For additional information on the status of the glacier and on data relating to annual mass balance and other measurements, visit the WGMS Fluctuations of Glaciers Browser.
- Political unit: CH
- WGMS ID: 359
- Latitude: 46.44°N
- Longitude: 8.34°E
- Height min: 2400 m a.s.l.
- Height max: 3400 m a.s.l.
- Measurement types: MASS BALANCE, THICKNESS CHANGE & FRONT VARIATION
- Current Principal Investigator: Martin Funk, Andreas Bauder & Colleagues
- Current Sponsoring Agency: LABORATORY OF HYDRAULICS, HYDROLOGY AND GLACIOLOGY, VAW – ETH ZURICH (ZURICH, CH)
Terrestrial and satellite map of Gries glacier (Google Maps)
Continuous Mass Balance (MB) measurements since 1961/62:
Additional data available: Front Variation (FV), Thickness Change (TC) and Glacier Outlines:
Selected references: tba