The WGMS receives substantial funds for the operations of the central service from the following institutions:
- Department of Geography, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Swiss GCOS Office at the Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss
The following organizations have supported the production of WGMS products and projects:
- Cryospheric Commission of the Swiss Academy of Science
- International Association of Cryospheric Sciences of the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IACS/IUGG)
- Federation of Astronomical and Geophysical Data Analysis Services of the International Council for Science (FAGS/ICSU)
- Swiss Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- World Data System of the International Council for Science (WDS/ICSU)
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
The data collection is organized through a global cooperative network of National Correspondents and Principal Investigators.
The WGMS highly appreciates the funding and the honorary support that is received from all around the world!